Core Competency Practicum
Core Competency #3: Establishing Trust and Intimacy
Monday April 1st
6:30 PM - 8:00 PM
1.5 Core Competency CCEUs
(Virtual Meeting via Zoom using Breakout Rooms!)
Thomas Leonard once said, “The relationship is much more important than the results!” So, establishing a trustworthy relationship is absolutely crucial for coaching to be successful. Besides understanding the components of this core competency, we will learn the building blocks or ABCs of coaching and examine 55 ways to create trust and credibility. With this heightened awareness you will have some tools with which to expand or build deep, connected, authentic and trusting relationships with your clients. We will also explore Emotional Intelligence and how its presence or absence can affect the coaching alliance.
Objectives for attending this class –
- Understand the concepts of Establishing Trust and Intimacy
- Learn the ABCs of Coaching and how they contribute to building a trustworthy relationship and how they also lead to a focused and deep coaching conversation.
- Examine and explore 55 ways to create trust and credibility and which best suit you as a coach and/or which you might like to add or integrate into your being.
- Explore some concepts on Emotional Intelligence and how that can affect the coaching alliance.
- Practice some ways to build trust and intimacy
Speaker -- Lynn Meinke
As a seasoned coach educator, trainer, mentor, supervisor and assessor, Lynn Meinke, PCC is dedicated to enhancing each person’s coaching abilities by sharing her knowledge of coaching, especially the Core Competencies, how the PCC Markers support and augment the Core Competencies, and moving into more mastery. As a coach educator with 20 years experience teaching all levels of coaching education, she lives and breathes coaching by teaching in a university coach-training program as well as a coach-training institute. She also provides individual and group mentoring, supervision and coaching.
She is the founder of Coaching Services International and the Centre for Coaching Education (www.CentreforCoachingEducation.com), which provides advanced topics for coaches desiring to deepen their coaching or expand their coaching repertoire.